SUMMER COMEDY CAMP 2016
for Kids & Teens
For the 4th summer we will be offering our summer comedy camp for kids and teens aged 7-17. Every day will include classes in Improv and Stand-Up Comedy performance. NEW this year will be sessions in Movement for the Performer including Mime, Stage Combat, and Alexander Technique.
TWO WEEKS of Comedy Classes and Performance!
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Click the following links based on your preference. See Below for details. Links include a Early Bird Discount of 20% off when you purchase before May 1.
- REGISTER for FULL PROGRAM June 28-July 1, July 5-8
- REGISTER for ONE WEEK June 28-July 1 OR July 5-8
- NEW SPECIAL – NYC DOE Students June 29-July 1, July 5-July 8
- DROP IN for ONE DAY June 28, 29, 30, July 5, 7, 8
WEEK ONE June 28-July 1
WEEK TWO July 5-8
NYC DOE STUDENTS June 29-July 1, July 5-July 8
- Due to NYC DOE Schedules, we have created a special registration for students that want to maximize your involvement this summer but will miss the first day.
TUESDAY – THURSDAY
- 9am drop off
- 9:30a MORNING CLASSES BEGIN
- 11:30a Lunch
- 2:15p AFTERNOON CLASSES BEGIN
- 2p Snack break & AFTERNOON ACTIVITY – Watch a professional show, Open Mic/Review/Mock Performance, Special Classes
- 3:30p End of Day
- 4p Last Pick ups
- 9am drop off
- 9:30 am DRESS REHEARSAL and Notes
- 11:30 Lunch
- 12:30 DRESS REHEARSAL and Notes
- 2:30 pm Snack Break Set-up for show
- 3pm SHOW – Video Taped and shared privately online
- 4pm Dismissed
MORNING & AFTER NOON CLASSES
Each of these sessions is similar to one of our weekly classes in the winter, spring, and fall. Students warm-up learning to work together while developing very important skills. Next we play a technique game or two teaching skills needed in Improv and other performance arts. Then onto learning and reviewing performance games. Each 2-hour session includes 30-45 minutes of Stand-Up Comedy practice.
New This year, students will be invited to watch professional shows at the club, participate in special classes and have extra time to review stand-up comedy material.
FRIDAY SHOWCASE 3pm
Please invite friends and family. We have made the show later this year (used to be 1pm) to give students more class time, but MOSTLY so we can get more parents their. These students work hard and we want them to have a great audience! COMPLETELY FREE. Light snacks and beverages will be available for purchase this year.
We will supply lunch daily. Lunch is catered by local pizza, delis and more. Last year we even got BBQ from Daisy Mays. The second session took a field trip to a local diner.
Let us know about specific dietary needs. We are not able to accommodate all. Some students need to supply their own lunch for extreme cases. We do our best but we are a small operation.
We will have some fruit and cookies available daily to help get students through the last couple hours. We also have bottled water all day.
CHANGES THIS YEAR
- We have moved to a 4-day week.DOE Schools do not get out of school until June 28 and July 4th is on a Monday. Many of our students come form outside NYC or Private Schools so we will start on June 28. For our DOE students we have the new 7-day registration.
- DROP IN FOR ONE DAY – We have so many that want to participate but have limited availability due to travel etc.
- The days are a little longer, which should help parents that work out a lot. We have back-up start time to 9:30. We will have an adult on location by 8:45 ready for early drop off needs. Classes and activities will continue to 3:30 and will keep an adult staffer on location to at least 4:15 for pick-ups.
- We have made the Friday Show Later hoping more parents can attend.
- Over all we have increased the time of instruction and performance showcase.
- Parents may note prices have gone up. We have been barely surviving charging way under the going rates for summer camps. This year we have raised rates slightly so we are just slightly under the typical rates. However, these rates are very comfortable for us and will not be changing next year.
You must be logged in to post a comment.