Year round we present classes in Improv Comedy, Stand-Up Comedy, Sketch Comedy, Music, Theater and more. We also host corporate teams and student groups for workshops as well as send teachers through out the tri state area for workshops, classes, residencies and professional development for teachers/staff.
- Check menu links for upcoming sessions
- EMAIL requests for information, groups sales and private events. ALSO ADVANCED CLASSES not listed here, I clouding THE HAROLD long form improv comedy class Sundays this fall with Ilan Kaplan.
- ADULTS Drop in Classes. NEXT Improv 101 sessions starts 9/10 Saturdays 12pm. $250 includes EIGHT WEEKS plus showcase in Times Square
- TEENS/TWEENS Drop in Class Saturdays 10am 9/10-10/29 EIGHT WEEKS Includes showcase
- COMEDY CAMP Kids, Teens 7-17
THE HAROLD Sundays 11:30am starting 9/25 Times Square NYC
This class is for students who are familiar with the basics of improv and have taken classes and workshops in the past, but are now ready for the next level. This class will focus on teaching the long form improv form called the Harold, and equip you with the improv skills and vocabulary to perform on any stage. You will learn how to heighten, pull premises and play second beats and group games. Most of all, you’ll develop your sense of play and imagination as an ensemble and learn how to create a show together.
The course is 8 weeks long, culminating in a class show at the Broadway Comedy Club for a paying audience. Classes are 3 hours long, with one 10-minute break in the middle. Please check all the class and show dates, as we advise you not to miss more than 2 sessions total. EMAIL for registration information $300 includes at least one performance showcase opportunity.
Ilan Kaplan is an actor and improviser of Argentine descent based in NYC. He has an MFA in acting from the Actors Studio Drama School at Pace University and has been training and performing at NYC’s biggest improv main stages (UCB, The Magnet, Asylum NYC, Broadway Comedy Club) since 2017. He currently appears in a long running musical improv show on a house team at the Magnet Theater, in addition to being a main cast member and host of Eight is Never Enough (New York Improv Theater). Ilan was a 2021 recipient of the NYFA City Artists Corps Grant, and will appear in a PBS docu-series coming soon to TVs near you!