6:30 SHOW – House/Bar opens at 6pm
Featuring Shannon?, Apocalypse Meow, “See Harold Run”, Quote Unquote
Scroll down for more info about this show’s teams and performers
$10 CASH cover (reg $25) includes 1st round from bar
CLICK HERE for $10 tickets online for this performance
$5 beer & wine drink specials (reg $8-12)
CLICK HERE for discount tickets and full calendar of IMPROV at
Broadway Comedy Club’s RED ROOM
318 West 53rd Street
New York, NY 10019
Between 8th & 9th Avenue
CHECK OUT OUR COMEDY CLASSES
Stand – Up Comedy seven nights/week 9 & 11pm
(Some performer bios can be found below team list)
CAST: Madeleine Burkart, Jade Daugherty, Becca Novak, Geoff Ross, Will Spann, Matthew Thomas
Shannon? is New York City’s darling indie team performing mono-scenes in underground venues. We keep it real, folks. Shannon? members’ credits include Reductress, Funny or Die, Dallas Comedy Festival 2015, Kansas City Fringe Festival, Edinburgh Fringe Festival, shortlisted for the BBC New comedian of the year 2011, Fracas Improv Festival, Del Close Marathon, NC Comedy Arts Festival, Out of Bounds Comedy Festival, Women in Comedy Festival, Boston Comedy Arts Festival, Philadelphia Improv Festival, and Providence Improv Festival. Shannon? members have studied and performed at the Dallas Comedy House, the Upright Citizens Brigade, the Annoyance, EndGames, and ImprovBoston.
CAST: Georgia Warner, Joe Pardavila, Kenny Santucci, Matthew Jaen, Martin Sarna
Trained under the watchful eye of the mad genius Anthony Atamanuik, this group of improvisers bring joy to world 15 minutes at a time. http://apocalypsemeow.improvteams.com/
CAST: Kourtni Beebe, Kristen Gonzalez, Kathleen O’Mara, Liz Lele, Roy De La Rosa, Arianna Taxman
“See Harold Run” was originally created by improvisors from The PIT. Over time, the team has evolved and grown and now includes members from all areas of the comedy community. They work hard in rehearsal each week with their coach, who is now on a Lloyd team at UCB. You can see “See Harold Run” perform multiple times a month all over the city in different shows and festivals. They run! And they run HARD! (And drive a bit too) https://twitter.com/seeharoldrun
CAST: Leigh Ellen Caudill, Melina Chadbourne, Chris Chianesi, Jonterri Gadson, Andrew Nordin, Jeremy Senie, Jeff Wucher, and Aileen Zoccola
CASTcoached by Carrie McCrossen
William Goulet Kean – Master of Ceremonies – grew up in Savannah, GA attending a private school and going through the ranks of Cotillion (manners school). He then went to NYU:Tisch where he received a BFA in acting after studying at the Strasbeg and Stonestreet Studios. Since then, he has been a working actor in the city (see resume). In his spare time he studies singing at the Flaherty Opera Studio as well as Improv at UCB and the Magnet. His indie musical improv group Big D and the Closers performs at numerous improv festivals as well as at the PIT, Magnet, and paid gigs at the Broadway Comedy Club. They are currently developing a web series together. Although quite a sweetheart, he tends to play mostly ‘bad boys’ or guys with some edge. http://www.williamgouletkean.com/
Artistic Director, PATRICK REIDY is an actor, comedian, musician, and improviser in NYC. He can currently be seen as a host and improv comedian at the Broadway Comedy Club for the Eight Is Never Enough and LMAO-NYC Interactive Comedy Shows as well as touring with their family friendly cousin, Improv 4 Kids. He is also an established improv teacher, having taught for the Comedy Hall Of Fame and independent residences throughout the five boroughs. As a sketch writer and performer his work has been featured on Funny Or Die, College Humor, and the Absent Minded Comedy Show. He is a graduate of Salem State University and has studied improv, sketch-writing, stand-up, and screenwriting at the Upright Citizens Brigade, The Peoples Improv Theatre, and The Annoyance Theater. Yes, and he would love to help you with your next artistic project!
Catch Walt Frasier this Spring on TruTV’s “Friends Of The People” now in their 2nd season. Go to Netflix – RIGHT NOW!!! – to see Walter in Lilyhammer (Season 3, Episode 8) as the American comic performing at Steven Van Zandt’s Norwegian club. Also now on Netflix – Blue Bloods (Season 3, Episode 8) see Walter in spandex body suit in first 5 minutes as Arnie the Homeless Avenger. Royal Pains (Season 6 Episode 3) as the Choking Victim. Past credits include sketch bits on Letterman (9 episodes), Stankervision (MTV2), Naked Brother’s Band (NICK), Hair Trauma (WE) and numerous commercials including Dr. Oz’s Fat Pants. Theater Credits include Off Broadway, Touring and Regional Theater plus over 4000 professional Improv Comedy Shows with EIGHT IS NEVER ENOUGH (AKA LMAO Off Broadway. Improv 4 Kids, Improv 4 Teens, Absent Minded Comedy).
But you can sum it all up by one phrase: I love improv…isn’t that enough?
Kenny Santucci – He’s the ultimate multi-threat: host, actor, motivator, crossFit coach, and reality star. Next up…long form improvisational comedy.
– BA – Scriptwriting for Film and Television, Bournemouth University, UK
– UCB Level 201Credits: Improv / general comedy- House Team player at Wilmops (2011 – 2013) – a London long-form improv show
– ‘Spoilers with Matt & Jo’ (2011 – Present) – A comedy film review podcastCredits: Stand-up
– Semi Finalist – ‘So You Think You’re Funny’ stand-up competition 2010
– Shortlisted for the BBC New Talent Award 2011
– The Comedy Doodle: Stand-up comedy show Edinburgh Festival 2010
– Stephens & Thomas: Stand-up comedy show Edinburgh Festival 2011
– The Human Being’s guide to not being a Dick about Religion: One man comedy show Edinburgh Festival 2013 & Canal Cafe Theatre 2013
– ‘MI-Five: City of the Future’ – Young adult novel published by Tony Potter publishing – 2009
– ‘MI-Five: Waking the World’ – Young adult novel published by Tony Potter publishing – 2009
Want to perform?
– This is a booked show. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which Fridays you are available (Usually 4-6 weeks out), TEAM Name, Cast list, Mini Blurb about show, TEAM LOGO/PHOTO and link to website or team page on Facebook etc.
– Sketch and other acts welcome but primary focus is long-form style Improv
WHAT DOES THE RED ROOM OFFER?
– Medium stage in a 70-seat theater with basic lighting and sound
– Grand Piano on stage so GREAT for musical acts
– Moderate Priced Food & Beverage – higher than local pub, average for Tiems Square location, cheap compared to other comedy clubs (Usually requires 2-drink min for prime time shows).
– Team and cast names promoted online, press releases, etc
– Become a RED ROOM House Team