- ALL-STAR STAND-UP COMEDY CALENDAR MONDAY 9, 11pm shows
- IMPROV COMEDY CALENDAR 8pm MONDAY ON THE SPOT
- Click above links, select date and click on the time of the show you wish to attend. THEN select the discount ticket options in BLUE
- Scroll down for Monday February 15 line-ups
- MOST SHOWS SELL OUT. GET DISCOUNT TICKETS HERE and you are guaranteed a seat. Arrive 30-minutes before show times for seating. There is a 2-drink minimum per guest.
MONDAY FEBRUARY 15, 2016 LINE-UPS
IMPROV: ON THE SPOT NYC
What is ON THE SPOT? Top NYC singer break out into song with some of the best cabaret in town. After each selection, Improv players from the cast of LMAO break into scenes based on the previous music’s title, theme, and lyrics. By end result is an original musical comedy the cast ties together with a big closing number.
Rachel Ann Pierce, Mal Walton, Anna Klindtworth, April Leonhard, Katie Fogarty
LMAO IMPROV PLAYERS
Patrick Reidy, Andrew Del Vecchio, Meg Reilly, Chris Catalano
scroll below for full bios
WHEN: Doors: 7:30 pm / Show: 8:00 pm
WHERE: Broadway Comedy Club 318 West 53rd Street, New York, NY 10019
MONDAY Feb 15
9pm: TOP HEADLINERS – Laurie Kilmartin, Jon Fisch, Pat Dixon, Teddy Smith
11pm: TOP HEADLINERS – Petey DeAbreu, Lucas Connolly, Megan Hanley, James Goff, Ben Conrad, Gabe Pacheco, Jared Freid, Cyrus McQueen
WHO’S ON THE SPOT THIS WEEK
ON THE SPOT SINGERS
Rachel Ann Pierce
Rachel Ann Pierce is originally from Pittsburgh, PA and received her BA in Music Theatre at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. After gaining invaluable experience working behind the scenes at The Late Show with David Letterman and at the CBS Broadcast Center, she is pursuing her craft in front of the scenes. She has performed in an Off-Broadway staged reading of “The Nutcracker and the Mouse King” as Princess Prilipat and performed as the Wicked Witch in an Off-Off Broadway production of “The Wizard of Oz.” Other productions include Cinderella” (Title Role), “White Christmas” (Rhoda), “Footloose” (Wendy Jo), “The Music Man,” and “Sweet Charity.” Rachel also has appeared in four major motion pictures, as well as in commercials and print modeling.
Mal Walton is a recent graduate of SUNY New Paltz, where she received Bachelor’s degrees in both Theatre Arts and Biology. Recently she has been acting in “A Sketch of New York” at the Producer’s Club. Mal has been seen around NYC in various vocal showcases and previous credits include the Boatswain/Spirit in “The Tempest” with First Day Productions.
Anna Klindtworth recently played Leslie in the off Broadway Musical “All for Joe”. She is a graduate of the American Musical and Dramatic Academy. She looks forward to performing with the On The Spot cast, and excited to work further in theatrical and commercial productions.
April Leonhard is a singer, actor, and Oxford Comma enthusiast from Northern Kentucky. She performed this past summer in “A Stranger Here Myself,” winner of the Shoebox Festival of Magical Realism, and finished in the final round of the Metropolitan Room’s 2015 MetroStar Challenge. Favorite roles include Jellylorum in CATS, Claire de Loone in ON THE TOWN, and Evie Beecher in Stephen Spotswood’s THE AARONSVILLE WOMAN. April is one half of BROAD AS A BARN, the team behind “Songs in the Key of A and DDD: A Bawdy, Bosomy Benefit for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.” Her next solo show, “DIRTY THIRTY,” plays Sunday 3/13, 7PM at The Duplex in NYC. For more information, visit www.aprilleonhard.com.
Katie is so excited to be a part of On the Spot!! She was seen recently doing theatre for young audiences with ArtsPower National Touring Theatre. Katie is currently working for Mainstages directing children’s theatre. She enjoys friends, food, and most of all… sleeping.
ON THE SPOT PLAYERS
From the cast of LMAO Improv
Originally from New Orleans, LA, Christopher Catalano has worked on a shrimp boat, performed at the World’s Fair, skinny dipped with alligators, graduated from Florida State University and the past 4 years has hosted the biggest lottery on Broadway for over 400,000 people. He has performed Shakespeare in 38 states and has appeared onstage in NY in over 75 plays (from Lanford Wilson to Trey Parker), and performed as an improvisational comedian over 500 times. As a writer he has had 7 plays produced and published, and his pilot, “Open Bar,” was a semi-finalist in Bravo Television’s reality competition, “Situation: Comedy.” @lotterydude on Twitter
Andrew Del Vecchio
Andrew has been an actor in New York City since 2010, and been improvising professionally since 2011. Originally hailing from New Jersey, Andrew graduated high school in Celebration, Florida and received his degree in theatre performance from the University of South Florida (go Bulls!). Andrew can be seen weekly at the Broadway Club and online every Tuesday with LMAO. Visit Andrew onFacebookand follow him on Twitter and vine @AndrewJDV.
Patrick Reidy has been an active comedian in NYC since 2009. His sketch work has been featured on Huffington Post, College Humor, Funny Or Die, and he posts new videos every Thursday to the LMAO YouTube Channel. Patrick is a founding member of the musical comedy show, “Big D & The Closers” and can also be seen every Saturday hosting “Improv 4 Kids” and “LMAO” at the Broadway Comedy Club. Follow him on Twitter, Vine, and Instagram @ThePatReidy and visit www.thepatreidy.com for more information
Megan Reilly is a sassy, outrageous Jersey girl with a passion for rapping and the moon. She can currently be seen giggling around NYC with her improv troupes LMAO-Off Broadway, Robopop (Hip Hop Improv) and Dancefloor Makeout (Musical Improv). She is also a part of the touring ensemble for the musical improv show Broadway’s Next Hit Musical. She attended The Tisch School of the Arts at NYU and has also studied at The Upright Citizens Brigade, The Second City and The Magnet Theater. Megan is thrilled to be part of “On The Spot”!
Since Andy moved to NYC in 2011, he has performed with 8 is Never Enough. While attending Salem State University, he was part of Grandma’s Third Leg, a brand new improvised comedy troupe. He hasn’t stopped doing comedy since. He also can be found performing at the Jekyll & Hyde Club, and commentating at Paragon League Wrestling in Woodbridge, CT under the name Chops McManus. (www.paragonleague.com) You can also find him doing karaoke somewhere. Give him a high five. Twitter: @andyscannell @chopsmcmanus / Instagram: andyscannell / Vine: andyscannell
BIOs of Many of our regular stand-up comics….
Check out their pages and online videos!!!
- Rich Aronovitch has recently appeared on Gotham Comedy LIVE on AXS TV, dancing with Charo on NBC’S The Tonight Show with Jay Leno; has hosted multiple episodes of Three Men and A Chick Flick on The W.E. Network; Last Comic Standing on NBC; The Upright Citizen’s Brigade on Comedy Central; Killer Sets on Time Warner on Demand; Series Pilot Love Sport on MTV; and series pilot Last Laugh At Pips on HBO featuring Woody Allen. Rich Aronovitch recently was nominated for the LA Comedy Awards “Break Out Comic of The Year” and won the Las Vegas Film Festival’s “Silver Ace Award” for his film Waiting To Stand-Up (where Rich he plays ten different roles). His diverse style has allowed Aronovitch to appear in such prestigious venues as Madison Square Garden, the Performing Arts Center in Providence, The Borgota in Atlantic City, The Orleans in Las Vegas, The Music Box Theater in Foxwoods, the Berkley Center in Boston. Rich has appeared in multiple comedy festivals such as: The Toyota Comedy Festival in NY, The Capetown International Comedy Festival in South Africa, The Laughing Skull Comedy Festival in Atlanta, The New Orleans Comedy Festival, The Underground Comedy Festival in New York, The Hometown Comedy Project in Houma, and was a finalist in the Boston Comedy Festival. Rich will be appearing on the Television show Kamikazee TV on the Fuel Network, Exposed on the Travel Channel this year, and will be seen in the upcoming movie Wingman Inc. You can hear Rich on Friday’s with Jim Breuer on Raw Dog Channel 99, XM Sirius Radio playing the character of Juan Gonzalez Enrique Conzuela Papi Chulo Huevos. Rich has just guest hosted The Morning Show on Playboy TV and Playboy Radio and will be the guest host for the week of Nov 10-14th.Nore DavisFresh off his performance in the 2014 New Faces Of Comedy Showcase at the prestigious Just For Laughs Comedy Festival in Montreal, Nore Davis has cemented himself as a rising star in the world of comedy. Nore, known for his energetic performances and magnetic stage presence, has appeared on Comedy Central, MTV, and Gotham Comedy Live on AXS TV. His talents have also earned him television-acting roles on shows that include,Inside Amy Schumer, Last Week Tonight and the Emmy award winning HBO series Boardwalk Empire.Chris DistefanoDescribed as a high energy comic, Chris Distefano acts out a variety of characters derived from his life, typically leaving you on the edge of your seat wondering: “Who the hell is that he’s talking about?” Chris has worked at all of the top comedy clubs across New York City including, but not limited to, Gotham Comedy Club, Carolines on Broadway and The Comic Strip. Chris still lives in Brooklyn, NY with his Mom (punch line).Chris has a Bachelors degree in Psychology to impress his mom’s friends and a Doctorate in Physical Therapy to impress his mom’s friend’s moms. That kind of thinking got him on the SNY network as the host of the Fencing Masters at Hammerstein Ballroom. It also got him all the way to the Elite 8 of the March Madness Comedy Competition at the world famous Carolines on Broadway (two years in a row). Chris also was selected to headline Carolines on Broadway Breakout Artist Series and was selected as a finalist in the New York Comedy Festival. Chris has opened up for comedy legends such as Richard Lewis, Gilbert Gottfried and Artie Lange. Chris has been heard on Sirius XM radio, is a regular on MTV2’s “Guy Code” and his left elbow was featured on a national Subway commercial. It’s a good elbow. When he’s not making witty remarks or transforming into various personas on stage, you can find him stretching people’s hamstrings and getting yelled at to clean his room.Sean DonnellyWhen he’s not catching a nap with his bulldog, Rickles, Sean can be found headlining clubs all over New York, including Caroline’s, Gotham, Stand Up NY, and The Stand. He has appeared on MTV’s World of Jenks and The Late Show with David Letterman. Sean was a Comic Stand-Off finalist at the 2010 Magners Comedy Festival, performed at the Bridgetown Comedy Festival in 2011 and 2012, was a semi-finalist in the 2012 Boston Comedy Festival competition, and performed at Comedy Central’s 2013 South Beach Comedy Festival. Sean was a Montreal Just For Laughs “New Face” in 2013. He co-hosts the podcast My Dumb Friends with fellow comedian Dan St. Germain, soon to be broadcast on Comedy Central Sirius, and hosts a weekly show at Alligator Lounge in Brooklyn. Sean can be seen regularly on the TruTV series World’s Dumbest and on the forthcoming season of Adam Devine’s House Party on Comedy Central.Jon FischJon has appeared on the Late Show with David Letterman, has been featured in Maxim Magazine, and was the host of the widely popular podcast, “In the Tank”. A prolific monologist with universal appeal, Jon focuses on the idiosyncrasies of city living. Shortly after moving to NYC from his native Boston, he was chosen as one of Comedy Central’s Fresh Faces of Comedy and named one of Back Stage Magazine’s 10 Standout Stand-ups.His appearance on Last Comic Standing 4 – where he was the New York City Capital One Audience Favorite – earned him wide recognition and a new legion of fans. His other TV appearances include Comedy Central’s Premium Blend, VH1, Celebrity Apprentice, and 3 Men and a Chick Flick on the WE Network where he served as a host. Interestingly, the credit people seem most impressed by was that he was handpicked to open for Jerry Seinfeld in 2009 at Gotham Comedy Club
Jon has performed at multiple festivals including the 2007 HBO Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen and the 2010 Great American Comedy Festival at the Johnny Carson Theatre in Norfolk, Nebraska. In addition, he was a critical favorite at the prestigious Montreal “Just for Laughs” Festival where he appeared in both the “New Faces” showcase and the Club Series show “Dating It.” Following his impressive performances, Jon was singled out by the Hollywood Reporter and the Montreal Gazette as a “stand out performer”. Most recently, he was invited to perform at this year’s TBS “Just For Laughs” Comedy Festival in Chicago.
Jon also tours the country performing in theaters and colleges, corporate events and clubs. A staple in the NYC scene, he is a favorite at Gotham Comedy Club, the Comedy Cellar, and the World Famous Comic Strip Live.
New-York based Marina Franklin is emerging as one of the hottest comedians in the comedy scene today, with such notable appearances as, Wanda Syke’s Herlarious, Showtime’s Women Who Kill, Craig Ferguson’s Late Late Show, The Jay Leno Show, Chappelle’s Show, Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn, NBC’s Last Comic Standing Season II, and Showtime at The Apollo.
She is a favorite in Comedy Festivals across the world, like Melbourne Comedy Festival, Scotland’s Glasgow Comedy Festival, BBC’s World Stand’s Up, Rotterdam’s Comedy Factory, Montreal’s Just For Laughs, Ireland’s Kilkenny Comedy Festival, and Nashville’s Bonnaroo Music Festival. Franklin’s career in entertainment wasn’t always in stand-up comedy; originally from Chicago, she made her acting debut at the Illinois Rep Theatre. She then quickly realized her love for acting and went on to pursue a MFA in acting at Syracuse University. Franklin is viciously likeable, if there is such a thing.
Harrison began performing stand-up comedy while studying psychology and English at Harvard. A summa cum laudegraduate, Harrison was the co-founder of the Harvard College Stand-Up Comic Society (or “Harvard College SUCS,” as the group’s name is cheekily acronymized), the first organization at Harvard dedicated to the performance and appreciation of stand-up comedy and one still popular on campus today.
Now living in Manhattan, Harrison has quickly become one of the most in-demand comedians in New York, performing in more than 600 shows a year and thus leading bothTime Out New York and the NY Daily News to call him “the hardest-working man in comedy.” One of Comedy Central’s “Comics to Watch,” Harrison has also received many awards and honors for his comedy, including the Andy Kaufman Award (2010) for creativity and originality in comedy, the Shorty Award in collaboration with Comedy Central and the New York Comedy Festival for “Best Emerging Comic” (2011),and the Magners Comic Stand-Off (2011).
On television, Harrison was featured on AXS.TV’s Gotham Comedy Live and National Geographic Channel’s Brain Games, was a regular panelist on CurrentTV’s Viewpoint, and has appeared on MTV, SPIKE TV, the Discovery Channel, and the Science Channel. Behind the scenes, Harrison was a producer for Primetime: Would You Fall for That? on ABC (which premiered in 2013 to over 3.5 million viewers) and a story producer for VH1’sThis is HOT 97, and was the warm-up comic for Katie, Katie Couric’s daytime talk show on ABC.
Internationally recognized for his talent, Harrison was the head writer for Tu Nite con Lorenzo Parro, the first-ever late night show on NBCU/Telemundo; was a featured correspondent on the Japanese television show, Scooper, which was broadcast nationally on Nippon TV; and was a featured act in the Magners Glasgow International Comedy Festival in Scotland. Harrison was also the co-host and featured performer of the official Times Square New Year’s Eve World Wide Webcast in 2010 and 2011, broadcasting live to over 250 million viewers around the globe.
Harrison also headlines comedy clubs around the country, including sold-out shows at TBS Just for Laughs Chicago and the legendary Carolines on Broadway (leading Punchline Magazine to name Harrison one of the “Breakout Artists” of the year). Harrison has also been featured in a wide variety of national and international publications, including being highlighted for the “Joke of the Week” in TimeOut NYand being featured in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Boston Globe, and CNBC.com.
Harrison’s one-man show, Harrison Greenbaum: What Just Happened?, debuted at the legendary New York comedy hotspot, the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre, before commencing an Off-Broadway run and international tour. (For more information on the show, visit the show’s official site here.)
Harrison is a talented comedy writer as well. He is a nationally published author (with selections printed in the books, 50 Successful Harvard Essays, 2nded., and How They Got Into Harvard) and has been a writer for MAD Magazinesince 2005.
From colleges to comedy clubs, from talk shows to theaters, Harrison is bringing his unique style of comedy to audiences across the country and around the world, proving each night why publications such as Newsdayhave named him one of “today’s best.”
The story of me? I’ve done stand up comedy on “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” on NBC, “Russell Simmons Presents Stand Up at the El Rey” on Comedy Central, “Stand Up In Stilletos” on TV Guide Channel, “Gotham Live” on AXS tv, two episodes of “Nick Mom Night Out” on Nick Jr, and two seasons of “Last Comic Standing” on NBC.
Chris Murphy is one of the most experienced comedy teachers in New York City. He has been in the business over 20 years and teaching over 15. He is also a well-respected comedian by his pears. He has appeared on the same shows as comedy legends as Ray Romano, Louie CK, Colin Quinn, Dave Attell, Sarah Silverman, Brett Butler and Bill Hicks.
Chris Murphy has appeared on A&E’s Evening at the Improv, and Comedy Central’s Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn where he was also a contributing writer. He has done TV show warm ups. Louie CK personally reached out to Chris to be featured in a sketch Louie wrote for Caroline’s Comedy Hour. On the other side of the microphone, Chris also managed the world famous New York Original Improvisation.
Chris’s students work constantly. They have appeared on The Tonight Show, Conan, Late Late Show, Last Comic Standing, Comedy Central’s Tough Crowd, MTV, and Star Search, Hit sit-com Yes Dear, Dr. Katz, Sarah Silverman Program and Men of a Certain Age. Several students have had their own Comedy Central Presents special. Still others have written for Saturday Night Live!
Often called “The Father of Modern Stand Up Comedy” Brian Scott McFadden is one of the most incredibly hilarious & frustratingly unappreciated actor/writer/comedians working today, a performer as remarkably gifted as he is inexplicably unacknowledged. After an undenyingly brilliant & insufficiently lauded performance on The Late Show with David Letterman, Brian followed with an equally spectacular & similarly overlooked appearance on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on CBS. He was most recently seen tearing up the big screen in Ben Stiller’s all star blockbuster “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty” in a performance both stunning in its complexity & unfortunate in its brevity. Brian has also just released his new Comedy CD “What Women Want” which has been met with a deceptively small but optimistically moderate level of industry enthusiasm.
New York City’s number one comedian. Born in Springfield, Massachusetts. Wali was and still is an accomplished drummer. Not only currently being a member of the Central Park Djembe drummers. Wali has played in R&B, Pop, Funk and Jazz bands. Wali toured with the award winning Lawrence Bagwell Gospel Choral before graduating High School. And he was the youngest to ever join the New England Jazz Society. After College, Wali was working on being the best Architect New England has ever known. But the calling for show business was too strong. He played in bands, did session work, but that wasn’t enough. He needed more.
Always having a keen sense of humor, his parents urged him to try stand-up comedy. His first time on stage Wali was convinced that he had bombed, but the manager paid him and asked him to come back every week as a featured act. Wali Collins has been going strong ever since. Wali moved to New York City to work on a show for Comedy Central called “Stand-up Stand-up”. He hosted the largest funniest, most varied collection of stand-up comedians in the world.
He was nominated three years in a row as “College Campus Entertainer of the Year”. Wali is also the most sought after comedian for corporate events. IBM, L’Oreal, General Motors, Johnson & Johnson, FedEx, Subway restaurants, Game Stop are just a few of the many companies. One of Wali’s greatest achievements was hosting an event featuring for First Lady Michelle Obama. The show went so well he was asked to host another event this time featuring both Presidents Bush and Obama.
Wali Collins is a regular at all of the main stream Comedy clubs in the United States including New York City and Los Angeles. He even headlines and tours at Comedy clubs in Europe and Asia.
Collins’ television credits include NBC, CBS, FOX, HBO, ABC’s “The View”, Comedy Central’s The Dave Chappelle show, Commentary on VH1, to name a very few. David Letterman caught Wali’s act and recruited him to warm-up for his show. Later that season Wali performed his stand up on the “Late Show with David Letterman”. Quoted by GQ magazine “Wali’s true purpose becomes evident”.
He also landed a role in the Jerry Brucheimer hit film “Coyote Ugly”. Wali also was featured in the sitcom “Spin City” and hosted the PBS series special, “Wild TV”. If Wali’s face looks familiar to you it’s because you’ve seen him in over 30 national television commercials.
In the words of Robert Klein, “Wali Collins is versatile, smart and very, very funny.” Wali is headed only one way, Stardom. If you haven’t seen Wali do his thing in either stand up or acting, you’re missing out on one gifted man.
Born in the Great State of New Jersey, Dean’s comedy comes in large part from his unique background of being the son of a Palestinian father and a Sicilian mother. Dean, an award winning comedian who was at one time a practicing attorney, co-starred on Comedy Central’s “The Axis of Evil”Comedy TV special. He is the co-creator of Comedy Central.com’s critically acclaimed Internet series “The Watch List” featuring a cast of all Middle Eastern-American comedians performing stand up and sketch comedy. Dean has appeared twice on ABC’s “The View,” on the nationally syndicated TV series “Comics Unleashed with Byron Allen” and was one of five comedians profiled in the recent one hour TV Special entitled: “Stand Up: Muslim-American Comics Come of Age” which aired in the US on PBS and internationally on BBC World and Al Jazeera.
Known as “The Latin Lunatic” J.J. Ramirez tours the country as a national headliner. He can be heard frequently on The Howard Stern Show. One of New York’s very best headliners, a regular at America’s top tier clubs including The World Famous Comic Strip, The Improv and Carolines On Broadway. On television, J.J. has appeared on A&E’s “Comedy on the Road”, “Evening at the Improv”, Showtime at the Apollo, Fox’s “Comic Strip Live” and Comedy Central. In the casinos, J.J is also well-entrenched having appeared at Atlantic City’s Borgata Casino and The Tropicana in Las Vegas. He is also featured in the award winning movie The Latin Legends of Comedy.