New York Improv Theater PreTeen Comedy Class (Formerly Comedy / Improv 4 Kids) Welcomes 10-12 year olds looking to start training in Improv & Stand-up comedy. A must for any aspiring performer, Improv delivers life skills training in creativity, critical thinking, focus, listening, team communications and public presentation. But of course, our number one rule is to HAVE FUN!
- CLICK HERE or use form below to register for the next session:
November 13, 20, December 4, 11, 18, January 8, 15, 22 SHOWCASE TBD
- EMAIL for more information about this class
- Use MENU links to see additional upcoming shows & classes in Times Square as well as booking private programs at schools, etc. (Field Trips, School Assemblies, Workshops, Residencies and professional develop – NYC DOE VENDORS)
Improv and Stand-Up Comedy help students discover their best selves building self confidence, creative writing, critical thinking and public speaking. We offer weekly classes Winter, Spring and Fall, plus Summer Camps. We also have teachers at schools, camps and community centers on weekends and after school. Each session starts with Improvisation, playing games that are a ton of fun while teaching valuable life skills. These are the same games we play with corporate groups to develop better leaders, team building, sales, service etc. For our public sessions we include Stand-Up Comedy, taking stories of experience and observation, then crafting original comedy routines. Each session ends a performance showcase of original and improvised comedy skits. The classes and workshops integrate perfectly with cultural arts, language arts and character building/guidance programming.
Teacher: Walt Frasier
Walt Frasier has been with EIGHT IS NEVER ENOUGH Improv Comedy since the beginning in 2002. In that time he has hosted over 5000 shows and workshops in Times Square and touring Nationwide. Now considered a specialist in corporate team building, Walter embraces Psychological Safety and tries to teach the world to smile. At every workshop, Walter gives his students homework “Now that you have taken my classes, you are now comics. It is your job to make the rest of the world smile. Don’t wait for the world to make you happy first. Wake every morning and force yourself to smile and see how your world changes.” He has run workshops for JP Morgan Chase, IBM, Morgan Stanley, Master Card, American Express, NYC Schools (DOE VENDOR), Microsoft/BING, Twitter, Louis Vuitton, Coach, Home Depot, Enrst & Young, GM, KRAFT, UBS, UNILEAVER and 100s more smaller/local firms as well as training corporate trainers.
- TV: Letterman, Friends of the People, GMA, Royal Pains, Blue Bloods, Lilyhammer, WE, MTV, NICK
- FILM: Various Indy/Short Films
- Commercials/Industrials: Dr. Oz’s Fat pants, Culligan Water, etc
- Musical Theater – Off-Broadway, International Touring, Regional including 2nd Nat’l tiyur Scarlet Pimpernel
- ALSO Opera, Church Choir Ringer and can often be found entertaining as Santa, The Blues Brothers or as Piano Singer.