New York Improv Theater welcomes your Teen aged future star to drop into an introductory improvisation comedy class Saturdays 10am, almost every week. Use the form below, scroll down for future dates. If they love it, we will prorate the current session ($200/eight classes plus a showcase performacne). Check menu links for additional upcoming public shows & classes. EMAIL us for information about private session – holiday parties, corporate team building, college comedy, k12 educational outreach (including Professional Development for teachers) and more.
Our #1 Rule: HAVE FUN but never at another’s expense!
Improv and Stand-Up Comedy help students discover their best selves building self confidence, creative writing, critical thinking and public speaking. We offer weekly classes Winter, Spring and Fall, plus Summer Camps. We also have teachers at schools, camps and community centers on weekends and after school. Each session starts with Improvisation, playing games that are a ton of fun while teaching valuable life skills. These are the same games we play with corporate groups to develop better leaders, team building, sales, service etc. For our public sessions we include Stand-Up Comedy, taking stories of experience and observation, then crafting original comedy routines. Each session ends a performance showcase of original and improvised comedy skits. The classes and workshops integrate perfectly with cultural arts, language arts and character building/guidance programming.
- TUITION $40/class
- $200 full session (8 weeks) – register to drop in your first class and we can prorate the rest of the session. CLICK HERE to register for the next upcoming FULL PROGRAM
- LOCATION: Broadway Comedy Club, 318 West 53rd Street New York, NY 10019
- November 6, 13, 20, December 4, 11, 18, January 8, 15
- January 22, 29, February 5, 12, 19, 26, March 5, 12, 19
- March 26, April 2, 9, 23, 30, May 7, 14, 21
- BONUS SESSION June 4, 11, 18 (Free for anyone signed up for any full 2021-2022 session)
Teacher: WALT FRASIER
Walt Frasier has been with EIGHT IS NEVER ENOUGH Improv Comedy since the beginning in 2002. In that time he has hosted over 5000 shows and workshops in Times Square and touring Nationwide. Now considered a specialist in corporate team building, Walter embraces Psychological Safety and tries to teach the world to smile. At every workshop, Walter gives his students homework “Now that you have taken my classes, you are now comics. It is your job to make the rest of the world smile. Don’t wait for the world to make you happy first. Wake every morning and force yourself to smile and see how your world changes.” He has run workshops for JP Morgan Chase, IBM, Morgan Stanley, Master Card, American Express, NYC Schools (DOE VENDOR), Microsoft/BING, Twitter, Louis Vuitton, Coach, Home Depot, Enrst & Young, GM, KRAFT, UBS, UNILEAVER and 100s more smaller/local firms as well as training corporate trainers.
- TV: Letterman, Friends of the People, GMA, Royal Pains, Blue Bloods, Lilyhammer, WE, MTV, NICK
- FILM: Various Indy/Short Films
- Commercials/Industirals: Dr. Oz’s Fat pants, Culligan Water, etc
- Musical Theater – Off-Broadway, International Touring, including 2nd Nat’l tour Scarlet Pimpernel and Regional Theater in New York City, Long Island, Maryland, Virginia and DC.
- Author of STAND-UP COMEDY, IMPROV on ZOOM and the new STAND-UP COMEDY WORKBOOK
- ALSO Opera, Church Choir Ringer and can often be found entertaining as Santa, The Blues Brothers or as Piano Singer.