Oscar Nominations 2016 and NYIT Predictions
Oscar is getting a lot of heat this year. #OscarsSoWhite is giving the 88 year old awards ceremony a black spot in history, perhaps pun intended. At least they are letting a black man hold the door and escort the white award winners to victory.
Overall this has been a great year of movies. Thanks to actually watching my SAG screeners, I have seen more Oscar nominated rolls than ever before.and feel comfortable in highlighting my faves, (when different) who I think will win, and a few WTF comments for those that maybe should not be on the list…
HEY WHILE YOU ARE HERE HOW ABOUT SOME COMEDY TICKETS
- IMPROV COMEDY – Discount tickets to NYC SHOWS
- STAND-UP COMEDY – Discount tickets to the Broadway Comedy Club NYC
- COMEDY CLASSES – Discount registration and calendar of Comedy Classes in NYC
- The Big Short
- Bridge of Spies
- Mad Max: Fury Road – WTF? Overrated
- The Martian – WTF? Overrated
- The Revenant – SHOULD WIN just for the impossible filming conditions
ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
- Bryan Cranston, Trumbo – MY PICK
- Matt Damon, The Martian WTF
- Leonardo DiCaprio, The Revenant – MOST LIKELY TO WIN
- Michael Fassbender, Steve Jobs
- Eddie Redmayne, The Danish Girl – MOST OVERRATED ACTOR in any country
ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
REVENANT – Even google ABC hates this word.
DOCUMENTARY (SHORT SUBJECT)
FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
MAKE-UP AND HAIRSTYLING
OK< I will give this to MAD MAX. Nominated for so many this one may actually make sense.
MUSIC (ORIGINAL SCORE)
NOBODY BEATS JOHN WILLIAMS… NOBODY…. NEXT…
MUSIC (ORIGINAL SONG)
- 50 Shades should not appear in any awards for anything on principal it is the WORST film of 2015.
- WORST BOND THEME EVER
- Gotta go with MANTA RAY – Why not?
BRIDGE OF SPIES – I was totally brought back in time. More difficult in urban setting then Revenant’s wilderness.
SHORT FILM (ANIMATED)
I really enjoyed prologue, but waiting desperately for the first chapter.
SHORT FILM (LIVE ACTION)
AVE MARIA – Trailer makes it look like a comedy. Sisters have vow of silence. Jews cannot use phone on Sabbath. Should have been a Judd Apatow movie.
STAR WARS – moving on…
Take a guess…
WRITING (ADAPTED SCREENPLAY)
I liked the BIG SHORT screenplay more than the movie.
WRITING (ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY)
BRIDGE OF SPIES
Although Straight out of Compton would be awesome FU to #oscarsowhite!!!