On the one year anniversary of shutting down our Live Times Square NYC show, we have our busiest day online yet. Quick Links/Overview:
- 1pm Teen Sketch Comedy Online Class
- 3pm Private Birthday Party show and workshop
- 5pm Comedy 4 Kids Online Class
- 6pm OFF BROADWAY IMPROV COMEDY ONLINE LIVE FROM TIMES SQUARE EIGHT IS NEVER ENOUGH Improv
- 6pm Comedy 4 Teens Online Class
- 8pm NYC UNSCRIPTED Long Form Improv Comedy Showcase Featuring Double D, Luby’s Bingo Hall
That’s right. Almost a year ago to the minute of typing this sentence we painfully made the call to shut down shows and classes starting March 14. Following mostly the example set by the NBA, we closed two days ahead of New York City mandates. Too many uncertain outcomes, plus we assumed this would be a 2-4 week thing.
Click here for tickets
Since 2002, the cast of EIGHT IS NEVER ENOUGH has played 7000+ shows live from Times Square (off-Broadway, Top NYC Clubs) and touring nationwide (clubs, theaters, colleges and private events) delivering hilarious interactive comedy improvised based on the audience suggestions and participation. Now available worldwide via ZOOM, the cast brings the energy of the NYC clubs to your living room, office, or anywhere else you like to watch. Come be a part of the show!
Click Here for Tickets
March 14 Line Up
- Double D is a NYC-based twoprov group founded by Nannette Deasy and Graceann Dorse. They recently performed their show “GlamourPuss” at the 2021 Tucson Fringe Festival where they won Best Improv Show and Best Family Show, which is odd because they can get very dark.
- Luby’s Bingo Hall is an Austin based longform troupe featuring Chuy Zarate, Danielle DaVerona, Nick Desai, Jessica Von Schramm, Neil Dorsey, Whitney Benson, and Cliff Thomas. Luby’s calls The Hideout Theatre home, and dreams of one day performing in-person at improv festivals all across the globe. You can catch the members of this troupe in various Hideout shows. Luby’s next planned show is on April Fools (4/1) at 9:30 CDT on the Hideout Theatre’s Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/hideouttheatre/
- Hosted by Walt Frasier (Billions, Blue Bloods, Royal Pains, Lilyhammer, Friends of the People, Letterman, MTV, etc) is a founding member of New York Improv Theater, EIGHT IS NEVER ENOUGH Improv, and Improv 4 Kids. Since 2002, Frasier has performed on 5000+ comedy shows Live from Times Square or touring Nationwide. Also a teacher and corporate team building specialist, Frasier is a NYC DOE Vendor and clients include JP Morgan Chase, Morgan Stanley, HSBC, Twitter, Coach, Louis Vuitton, and Milbank. Frasier’s students are starting to get seen in TV – two teens are currently series regulars on Disney+ shows. Frasier is author of two comedy text books designed for YA audiences IMPROV on ZOOM and STAND UP COMEDY, both available FREE via KindleUnlimited
Member since 2011
Nathan Armstrong has been seen in many productions, including recent tours of Phantom, Brigadoon, and Richard Sherman and Milt Larson’s new musical Pazzazz! Other regional credits include Buddy, the Buddy Holly Story, Guys and Dolls, Anything Goes, Big River, and Joseph… He is also on the soundtrack for the feature film Rock Slyde and has performed in venues worldwide, from the Hilton Hawaiian Village to festivals in the Czech Republic and Hungary. In addition to producing, Nathan has vast experience in corporate management and sales.
Samuel Van Wyk
HEAD WRITER Sunday Night Laughs Writer’s Room
MC, Teacher, Corporate Teambuilding Member since 2017
Sam is an actor/improvisor based in New York City. As an improviser, Samuel has performed for thousands of students and adults. He has also lead Improvisational workshops for all ages from kindergarten students to senior executives and everything in between. Samuel has lead workshops on the benefit of improv in a business setting for professionals in the education and medical field as well as corporate clients like IBM, Bing, and JP Morgan.
As an actor, Samuel works in TV, Film, and Theatre. Samuel has appeared in such TV shows as Evil Talks, Diabolical, and Mysteries at the Museum. Favorite stage roles include Malcolm (The Full Monty), Hal (Proof), and Snoopy (You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown!).
Andrea Hernandez Mieres
Member since 2019
Andrea is a Mexican & Spanish singer, actress and dancer. Originally from Mexico City where she debuted professionally on the Musical Theater scene in the Mexican Broadway versions of The Fiddler on the Roof and The Scarlet Pimpernel. Recent AMDA NY graduate, Andrea is venturing on the New York City scene.
Upcoming Classes Quick Links
- CLASSES 4 ADULTS Stand-up Comedy, Improv Comedy, Sketch Comedy.
- CENTRAL PARK IN PERSON CLASSES 4 KIDS & TEENS are back starting March 6. CLICK HERE for more info
- CLASSES 4 TEENS Sundays-Fridays 6-7pm Online
- CLASSES 4 KIDS Sundays-Thursdays 5-6pm Online
- EMAIL requests for private workshops, shows.
- APRIL SCHEDULE TO BE POSTED SOON will include out door classes and shows in Central Park and beyond. Check links in MENU for up to date offerings
You must be logged in to post a comment.