Develop creative writing and performance skills while discovering your inner comedic genius!
Use links to sign up for your first online class time. You can drop into any classes for just $$25/class, $75/FOUR classes, $200/unlimited EIGHT weeks (New sessions start September 12-October 31). OR See below to register for Specific Classes, following a progression with a showcase at the end.
NEW SESSIONS FORMING Sept 8-October 31
- Wednesday 7pm Teens
- Wednesday 8pm Adults
- CLICK HERE to register! $125 includes seven classes starting September 16, 2020
- Tuesdays 7pm Teens
- Tuesdays 8pm Adults 17+
- CLICK HERE to register! $125 includes seven classes starting September 15, 2020
- Mondays 8pm CLICK HERE to register! $125 includes seven classes starting September 15, 2020
OUR RULE #1 HAVE FUN!!! (but never at another’s expense!)
We firmly believe in the concept of Psychological Safety. For all of our classes we provide a safe space to create and play.
Our method is less of a traditional class and more of working towards performance with a director. While we introduce basic concepts and techniques in classes, we jump a few basic steps that tend to be quite boring for new students. The best way to learn is to love what you are doing. Mastery of the skill occurs over time, but there is no reason why you cannot be performing on some level on day one.
HOMEWORK for ALL CLASSES
- Observe your world. EVERYTHING you need to be a comic is right in front of you. Material for stand-up comedy is everywhere. (As you will learn in the next section)
- Journal what you observe. Also Journal EVERYTHING you experience as you prepare and perform you comedy routines. Be honest but don’t tear yourself apart. Be objective. What works? What fails? The good, The bad AND the ugly.
- SMILE – start every day with a smile. (SEE VIDEO ABOVE FOR MORE DETAILS on making you life a better place to live)