We came back LIVE in Times Square April 10 but continue to offer online shows, workshops and private events. Almost weekly we are still offering corporate team building for teams that work remote year round despite reopening. We can do shows/workshops and provide much needed bonding and laughs for teams spread out around the world. Also for families and schools, our Improv 4 Kids programming delivers. We have logged 4000+ hours of shows & classes on ZOOM in the past 18 months. Of course we also host live events at our NYC theater and tour nationwide.
- Check menu links for upcoming public offerings, shows & classes available around the world.
- EMAIL for more information and/or to book online shows, workshops and more.
OUR RULE #1 HAVE FUN!!! (but never at another’s expense!)
We firmly believe in the concept of Psychological Safety. For all of our classes we provide a safe space to create and play.
Our method is less of a traditional class and more of working towards performance with a director. While we introduce basic concepts and techniques in classes, we jump a few basic steps that tend to be quite boring for new students. The best way to learn is to love what you are doing. Mastery of the skill occurs over time, but there is no reason why you cannot be performing on some level on day one.
HOMEWORK for ALL CLASSES
- Observe your world. EVERYTHING you need to be a comic is right in front of you. Material for stand-up comedy is everywhere. (As you will learn in the next section)
- Journal what you observe. Also Journal EVERYTHING you experience as you prepare and perform you comedy routines. Be honest but don’t tear yourself apart. Be objective. What works? What fails? The good, The bad AND the ugly.
- SMILE – start every day with a smile. (SEE VIDEO ABOVE FOR MORE DETAILS on making you life a better place to live)