CLICK HERE for full calendar of classes in Times Square including 8-week sessions Winter, Spring and Fall. This is our 5th year offering a summer camp program.
QUICK LINKS 2018 Comedy Camp Sessions in Times Square (318 West 53rd Street at 8th Ave)
– WINTER BREAK February 19-23
– SPRING BREAK April 2-6
– Summer Camp WEEK 1 July 9-13
– Summer Camp WEEK 2 July 16-20
– Summer Camp WEEK 3 July 23-27
– Summer Camp WEEK 4 July 30-August 3
– Summer Camp WEEK 5 August 6-10
– Summer Camp WEEK 6 August 13-17
Teachers: Liz Lord, Walt Frasier plus weekly/daily guest teachers from the pro ranks of EIGHT IS NEVER ENOUGH, Off Broadway, TV and Film. College aged interns (all former students)
$500 / week includes 5 days of classes, performance showcase, at least one professional show, lunch and snacks.
$800 / two weeks
$1500 / four weeks
$2000 / six weeks
8:45am-9:30am Drop Off and Free time
Socialize with other campers, work on your stand-up routines, write in journal, take turns working on stage.
9:30-11am Morning Improv Session
– Warm-Up, Techqniue and Performance games geared at teaching Improv Performance, Creative Skills, Critical Thinking (out of the box), Public Speaking,
11am Morning Open Mic
– Students turn their personal stories of observation and experience into original comedy routines
11:45am Lunch Break
12:30-3:30pm Monday-Thursday Afternoon session
Afternoons vary between continued classes in Improv and Stand-Up Comedy and at least once/week watching a professional comedy show featuring our pro cast performing for families and student groups.
1pm Fridays SHOWCASE
Students perform original Improv and Stand-Up Comedy show. The entire show is created on the spot or written by the students themselves. Students dismissed to parents/guardians after the show.
Our classes for kids & teens include both Improv & Stand-Up Comedy training. By combining the two, students receive a comprehensive education in creative writing and critical thinking while developing strong community and leadership skills – team, public speaking, self confidence, respect, listening, focus, eye contact and more. Regular students – those signed up for FULL 8-week winter, spring or fall sessions – invited to perform at the club, FREE admission to bonus masterclasses classes added between sessions and get FREE tickets to public professional shows.